Beauty Aesthetics Specialists Questions and Answers
At Lake Family Medicine & Imaging, our beauty aesthetic specialists are pleased to offer a wide range of aesthetic services to enhance your beauty. For more information, call us or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Sanford, FL and surrounding areas.
Table Of Contents:
We all want to be confident in the way we look – it’s human nature. How we look plays a vital role in how we present ourselves and how we are perceived by others. Although we will never achieve perfection – there’ll always be something that’s not right! – modern technology has given us the means to address the issues that we may find aesthetically undesirable, such as wrinkles, excess hair and blemishes. Instead of shaving every day, hair can be permanently removed, and instead of using creams and scrubs to deal with acne, it can be treated with laser skin therapy. Even varicose veins and stretch marks can be removed.
‘Aesthetic services’ is a broad term that refers to specialized treatments related to the skin and appearance of a person. They are non-surgical procedures designed to combat signs of aging and to rejuvenate and refresh the skin. They can be used on almost any part of the body, but the most common areas are the face, neck, shoulders and upper back, and chest. The techniques used typically include steaming, waxing, skin rejuvenation, injectables, laser hair removal, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and pore cleansing, and they treat, among other things:
– Acne or surgical scars
– Skin discoloration
– Sagging skin
– Liver spots
– Unwanted hair
– Varicose veins
– Spider veins
– Large pores
Since cosmetic procedures are not deemed as ‘medically necessary, insurance plans will not cover these treatments and so the financial outlay will be the responsibility of the patient.
Aesthetic services, in general, can help us to feel younger, rejuvenated, and overall more confident. At Lake Family Medicine & Imaging we provide our patients with laser skin therapy treatments that have been especially effective in treating all manner of skin-related issues. The benefits that laser skin therapy in particular offer are:
– Improved skin texture and tone
– Reduced pores
– Reduced acne scarring and surgical scars
– Less visible age spots, pigmentation, redness
– Healthier, firmer, and younger-looking skin
– Smoother skin with fewer fine lines and facial wrinkles
– Stimulation and regeneration of collagen – a protein responsible for providing firmness and structure to the skin. Laser skin therapy targets the cells that lie beneath the outer layer of skin (epidermis) and can help improve the health and tone of the skin.
– Non-invasive procedures that don’t use local anesthesia, bandages, or incisions
– Don’t cause any complications or lead to unnecessary risks.
– It is a painless procedure that has an in-built cooling mechanism to protect the skin and subdermal tissue and keep the patient comfortable during the treatment.
– Involves minimal downtime – being non-invasive there is no need to take time off from work or other daily activities following the procedure.
– It is a cost-effective option compared to other cosmetic procedures.
With our laser skin therapy, we can address the skin disorders that many people find uncomfortable and undesirable. We have found it to be particularly effective on:
– Hair removal
– Acne treatment
– Dark and red spots
– Skin tags and warts
– Spider veins and varicose veins
– Stretch marks and skin tightening
– Acne scarring
– Lentigines and liver spots
We could all do with a little tweak now and again, whether it be something to help with acne or a treatment to get rid of spider veins. Aesthetic beauty services are those that deal directly with the health and beautification of the skin, and as such anyone who has a cosmetic issue they want to be addressed should enquire about our services.
If you would like to know more about our beauty aesthetic services, contact Lake Family Medicine & Imaging today! We serve patients from Sanford FL, Heathrow FL, Lake Mary FL, Midway FL, Longwood FL, Lake Monroe FL and surrounding areas. We look forward to meeting you!